Unanswered: Caclulated Field in Pivot Table Subtracting Errors

I have a Pivot Table That is outputing the following:

Value1: 0
    Value2: 45
    Variance: 0

Where Variance is a Calcualted Field 'Value1'-'Value2'.

When I double Click the Variance Cell I get Value1 - 45 and Value2 - 0.

There are few other fields that this is summarizing but this is down to the smallest level. It doesn't always do this incorrectly several are correct and several are wrong.

Any help or explication on why this is happening would be greatly appreciated!

I've not encountered such problem and struggle to think of an explanation - really 'clutching at straws' to suggest it might be formatting. As in, do negative numbers show as zero?

Maybe best sorted out with a copy of the spreadsheet?

Not really relevant, but it seems that value 1 & value 2 are mixed up in your description.

I think some more information would be helpful.

regards,
    Fazza

More Details

Thank you for your response Fazza.

I have attached a bitmap with more of the data as I wasn't sure how else to display it here.

As you can see in the sample, some negatives are showing, some are subtracting correctly and some not at all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sample.bmp  

I was thinking of a copy of the spreadsheet. Still, the image of the pivot table is OK.

For one group of the data - the top half of the table - the results are OK. The problem results are only in the bottom half of the table....

It suggests to me that the pivot table might be doing the right thing and that the data might be the source of the problem.

As in, check that all the data is what it should be. Numbers and not text, for example. Play around with the data and see if that reveals anything useful.

Again, I think some more information would be helpful.

HTH
    Fazza
    Last edited by Fazza; 10-13-06 at 00:55.