Question Unanswered: Help with user entry on form to scoll down to right record

Hello,

I have a form which displays all the Device ID's in our company. Being a big site it has lots of entries. Currently the engineer has to use the scroll bar to find the right Device ID in the list.

What I would like to do is to protect the device ID field and if an engineer type h it would scroll to the beging of the records with h, if they type hc it would scroll to the records being with hc etc... all this in real time.

Can you help?

Thank you for your time.

Provided Answers: 6
    The simplest solution would be to use the combo box wizard, selecting the third option "Find a record...".
    Paul

Provided Answers: 19
    pbaldy's got it exactly right. When the engineer starts typing Autofill will go to the appropriate record, and bada bing bada boom!
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Thank you both for your advise, it worked great, only problem I have is that i used to double click on the Device ID which activated a popup, displaying everything about the port that device was on. I figure I will only be able to do one thing or the other, but once again thank you!

Provided Answers: 6
    Sounds like something you could still do.
    Paul

100% Paul,

define it: it can almost certainly be done
    (one exception i found so far: manufacturer's serial# for *.* hard-drives in Win-revs prior to XP/Vista... but i'm still playing with it)

therefore:
    I figure I will only be able to do one thing or the other = FALSE
    ...but provide some detail

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2