Unanswered: Creating a database

I have an excel document that I would like to put in a database. That database should count the number of tickets created by each tech rep; list the area, sub area and description of call created by a user. Can access perform this task and if yes, any idea I to approach that project. And access won't be able to do please make a suggestion.

EXAMPLE
    Request Id SRS Started Call Description Area Sub Area Request Status Closed Date Assign To Created By
    Last edited by rjohnson22; 10-13-06 at 00:47.

Provided Answers: 4
    Can you create an Oracle table (using CREATE TABLE statement)? This would be the first thing to do. Hint: for date columns use DATE datatype, not VARCHAR2!

Save your Excel file as a CSV file (use "Save As ..."; you'll find CSV type in there).

Which database version are you on? All of them support use of SQL*Loader utility; later versions support also external tables feature - choose one of them in order to load previously saved CSV file into created Oracle table.

Documentation about all those terms and utilities can be found at http://tahiti.oracle.com/ .

I’m learning SQL 2005; I’m not too familiar with it. Can please give the steps I need to take?
    Thank you

Can I also create a GUI in C#.NET, In the GUI I will have a drop down menu where you can select a name of a tech rep and date range. The result should list all the ticket that the rep created, including area, sub area, description and status.

Provided Answers: 4
    "SQL 2005" as "Microsoft SQL Server 2005"? And you'd like to do all those things in it? If so, I'm sorry; I use Oracle, and this is Oracle Forum. You'd get better help on ...

Oh well, I've just checked URL to forward you to MS SQL Server Forum, but I've seen you've already opened a thread there, and on Access Forum, and perhaps somewhere else too.

So, do you know what database you use, or are you just flooding dBforums with the same question all over?
    Because I feel somehow like a sheep