Question Unanswered: Searching this Section

Okay,

What am I doing wrong. I wanted to only search in this forum, MS Access, yet everytime I do a search I get the WHOLE dbForums!

I'm in the forum using the "Search this Forum" drop down and I get stuff for everything. Am I missing something?

Thanks
    Chris

PS- I'm looking for information on adding a header to a record after/before it's been created by using the TransferText method. (Comma delimited.)

Provided Answers: 19
    Use the Advanced Search option and under "Search forum(s)" scroll down and select MS Access. BTW, good luck! Search here is often Out Of Order! If you get a "not found" message and you're fairly sure you should get some hits, search for posts with your user name. If it too comes back empty (assuming you've started at least one post) you know Search is down, and can try again later.
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

they seem to have fixed that ;p
    advanced search is no longer broken, it's gone (at least it has gone for me on my machine now)

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

Weird, izyrider! LOL! It was just there at 1306 when I posted, but is indeed gone now! Well, you know what they say: You get what you pay for! LOL! It's still a great site! I just hate having to post questions that may have been answered before, simply because I can't search the archives!
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

Actually, in doodling around, there are three search options:

Search (no Advanced Search offered)

Search this Forum (no Advanced Search offered)

and inside of a posting Search this thread, which offers the Advanced Search and apprently is not limited to Searching this threead!
    Hope this helps!

mmmmmmmmm

damn, i have to work with a lot of software like that so i should have realised that NONE of the labels/prompts/options actually mean what they say. i sense a new business opportunity: rubbish software that does nothing but hides that fact by using incoherent prompts (so the user gets the blame).

[sigh]no, that's been done before[/sigh]

izy

ahhhhdvanced search does indeed exist if you dig around long enough - but it still doesn't work ...probably there is a sub-section of the user manual that i didn't read sufficiently carefully

izy

a frustratingly long time LATER:
    an 'advanced' search for 'table' trashes my browser!
    given that this site is essentially a database and we are talking about databases - what sort of example are 'we' giving?
    Last edited by izyrider; 02-05-08 at 14:24.

Talking Wheeewww....

Okay...see...and I thought I was goin' crazy!

Glad I wasn't the only one!

Thanks everyone.

-C