Unanswered: Creating a database

I have an excel document that Imported to access database. That database should count the number of tickets created by each tech rep; list the area, sub area and description of call created by a the tech rep. Can access perform this task and if yes, any idea I to approach that project or should i use SQL, And if access won't be able to do it. please make a suggestion how to approach this project. it will be nice if i can get the steps.

EXAMPLE
    Request Id SRS Started Call Description Area Sub Area Request Status Closed Date Assign To Created By

Quote Originally Posted by rjohnson22
    I have an excel document that Imported to access database. That database should count the number of tickets created by each tech rep; list the area, sub area and description of call created by a the tech rep. Can access perform this task and if yes, any idea I to approach that project or should i use SQL, And if access won't be able to do it. please make a suggestion how to approach this project. it will be nice if i can get the steps.

EXAMPLE
    Request Id SRS Started Call Description Area Sub Area Request Status Closed Date Assign To Created By
    I think its an Access Question ,so I think it should be moved to Access forum.
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    - Sir Winston Churchill
    Joydeep

Quote Originally Posted by rudra
    I think its an Access Question ,so I think it should be moved to Access forum.
    Agreed. Except it is already duped in Access:
    http://www.dbforums.com/showthread.p...=1#post6237173

I am locking this thread. As mentioned in the dupe, please repost a question in SQL Server if it turns out that Access is not sufficient for your needs. Hopefully this should not cause a problem but please PM me if you want to discuss.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.