Unanswered: Report detail visible = no

Hello;

I have a report which lists performance measurements for each team member. Each line contains their individual performance, as well as their percentage of production to their peers as a whole. The individual performance percentage is a factor of the entire group average. I would like to create a report that makes only the [Enter Agent] stats visible to that agent (i.e. so that every agent can not see their peer’s performance). I just can’t seem to get only the selected agent to be visible while making the rest not-visible. I think I need the complete team data on the form in order to arrive at the team performance average, then do the calculation on the individual performance in relation to the overall team average. Of course I can create a report with just the individual agent’s performance, but it will not list their performance as a percentage of the average. Am I barking up the wrong tree trying to accomplish this with a report?

Thanks…

Larry

Am I barking up the wrong tree trying to accomplish this with a report?
    Yes. You can hide the data with the report, but it's only a veneer of security.

The right way to do it is to secure the database, and set up queries along the lines of:

Code:
    SELECT * FROM Whatever WHERE agent_id = CurrentUser()
    Then restrict each agent to only being able to access the queries, not the base tables. That way they can only see the data they're entitled to.

Caveat: Access security is a PITA.

Hello Sco08y;

I have the security you cite for every other individual report, however this report needs the entire group of individuals on the report in order to calculate the total team average, then calculate the individuals performance against that average. The report I cited in my original post is a manager only report right now. I simply want to utilize the data on that report to generate a report for each individual. I though that if I could hide all the data but the requested individual's data, and the overall team totals, then I could push the report out to each individual.
    Can this totaling be done in a query? If I could total the columns in a query I guess I could get the same result, but I didn’t think columns in queries could be totaled.

Thanks...

Larry

for some reason, everyone except me hates SNP reports, so i am certain to get shot down in flames.

...but i have an identical-purpose db that happily automails .SNP reports to each (let's use your word) 'Agent' ...from a pretty close examination of the .SNP format i believe that there is no possibility at all of retrieving items hidden in the original report.

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2