Unanswered: Excel Import Error

I am building a database for my class (non database course) so I can look at the information faster and such. Anyhow, upon importation I get thrown an error that says, the check the format or make sure the file exists. I just loaded Access 03 on my laptop.

Any ideas?

ps- I thought it was my database and file, so I created a blank db, and an excel file that had 1-20 in col 1 and the alphabet in col 2, same error.
    Last edited by rguy84; 10-16-06 at 01:46.
    Ryan
    My Blog

I am still getting this error, help would be nice
    Ryan
    My Blog

I'm only an intermediate Access user, only got enough experience to have torn my hair out over Access/Excel issues, but your problem sounds like something that happened to me recently. I kept getting crazy error messages and it wasn't because there was anything wrong with my Access DB. It turned out to be a "circular reference" in the Excel spreadsheet that was hanging up the import operation. The Excel spreadsheet I was importing from was one that's on a server and used by everyone, and the sales manager would go in and merge cells and write formulas to sum up everything so far, and it pretty much rendered the Excel file un-importable.

That is not the case. I can create a brand new excel file on my local machine, with column a having 1-5 and column b having a-e, and the same error would happen. I am not doing fancy stuff.
    Ryan
    My Blog

Ever tried to export Excel to csv and then import csv into access?