Unanswered: Can you use a checkbox in a listbox?

Hi all,

I am creating a new database for college regarding enrolments on part-time courses, and have a table containing a list of the courses in question. Only a selection of these courses will be used at different times in the year, and will change each season. So I would like the user to select the courses that will be used in that season.
    I am trying to make it as easy for the user as possible to select which courses will be run on what season.

In the SQL table I have added a bit field, but would it be possible to add a checkbox to the listbox, or am I going to have to do it another way?

Thanks

I would do it another way. I know you can have checkboxes in .NET listboxes - dunno in Access - maybe a third party control?.....

Anyway -
    Izy's take:
    http://www.dbforums.com/showthread.php?t=1210592

My take:
    http://www.dbforums.com/showpost.php...80&postcount=3

Izy's is defo easier and is probably more suited to your problem with less adaption.

HTH
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Thanks pootle.

As a matter of fact I have got your listbox example in front of me right now.

Quick question is it possible to have two columns of data in the list box, rather than just adding one?

I would like to put in the course code and the course title as one row, but they are in two seperate fields.

Cheers

Yep - no problem. Remeber to make two visible columns in your listbox and set the bound column to the course code.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump

Got it working

OK last question, will this work with multiple selections or will I have to add more code to do that?

Nope - you need different code. I would do one at a time though - nothing gained doing it as a multi select list box IMO

Anwyay - check out post #4:
    http://www.dbforums.com/showthread.php?t=1214260
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump

my twinlists that poots pointed to is selected/notselected lists: which is effectively one-at-a-time-multiselect (difficult to explain in words but should be obvious if you play with the demo).

i don't use multiselect lists 'cos unsophisticated users (read 'managers') find them confusing when the various selections don't fit in the list window (i.e user needs to scroll list to see all selected items). i rarely have space on the screen to show long lists so multiselect just doesn't work comfortably.

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

Quote Originally Posted by izyrider
    i don't use multiselect lists 'cos unsophisticated users (read 'managers') find them confusing
    Lol - I had never really noticed before but the only place I have multi select lists is in my admin apps - I guess I just don't trust anyone but me to work with them.

Oh wait - no - I have one in prod - and it doesn't so much confuse as I think very few people realise it is multi select. Certainly the #1 user of that particular box didn't realise until I mentioned it a year after roll out.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump