Unanswered: URGENT help with exp and imp Store Procedures

Hi,

I want to export store procedures from a database then import it in to the other database.

Plz help me out to find a way.

Thx much,

Kevin

Cool

Download SQL Developer from Oracle (free) and you can export the Procedures as sql statements.

The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb

You didn't mention which oracle version you're using. On 10g and above, you can use expdp with the include=PROCEDURE clause. On 9i and above, dbms_metadata might come in handy as well.

Hi JMartinez,

My Oracle version is 10. Have you ever try expdp and impdp only store procedures without other objects? If so, plz guide me the option (parameters)

Another question is what would happen if I use expdp to export a file and then use imp (regular import) to load the tables ?

Tyvm

Kenvin

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    DBMS_METADATA.GET_DDL will extract PL/SQL or just
    SELECT TEXT FROM DBA_SOURCE WHERE OWNER = 'app_owner' and NAME = 'my_proc' ORDER BY LINE;
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Cool

-- OR -- SQL Developer will do it for you, just point and click!
    The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb

Quote Originally Posted by db2kevin
    Hi JMartinez,

My Oracle version is 10. Have you ever try expdp and impdp only store procedures without other objects? If so, plz guide me the option (parameters)

Another question is what would happen if I use expdp to export a file and then use imp (regular import) to load the tables ?

Tyvm

Kenvin
    impdp and imp are two totally different products with different file structures. They can't read or use each others dump files.
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Talking

That's why it is easier using SQL Developer!

You really should have some form of change control process...even if it's just on a file system...don't you have all the code stored someplace?
    Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Kaiser
    You really should have some form of change control process...even if it's just on a file system...don't you have all the code stored someplace?

The main requirement is:
    Quote Originally Posted by db2kevin
    I want to export store procedures from a database then import it in to the other database.

Well, if they had a change control process, then this wouldn't be a requirement, now would it?
    Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.

Provided Answers: 6
    if you are not using vault or source safe or some other form of source code control I can't imagine the day to day problems you must have.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.