Unanswered: Strange Behaviour: Number-type field

I am responsible for the Student Records in a small theological college. I've been using Paradox from version 3, currently in version 10. I have a number of tables which include a field "credit hours", and I have them as Number type, so that they can be summed.

Suddenly, today, for no apparent reason, they are all misbehaving. Where the value recorded was a decimal, say 1.5 credits, it is now rounding up to the next integer, and won't accept a decimal. I have not restructured, I have not changed format on the field, I have not done anything -- not deliberately anyway! -- and it's not as if it's just one table -- it's all of them, anything that has that credit hours field.

Perhaps I'm just too close to this and can't see the forest for the trees. Can someone suggest what might be the problem, please? And the solution.

Thanks for your help.

Too close was the right answer. A night's sleep and a fresh brain got me past my angst, and led me to the Windows Number format in the Control Panel. How it got reset to no digits after the decimal is still a mystery -- not something that gets done by accident -- but that was the problem, and having fixed that, all is well.

Thanks to all who read my bleat, and to any who sat on their hands rather than tell me what a dunce I was being.