ETL tools comparison

Hi guys,

We have a dilema in choosing between 2 ETL products.
    Could anyone provide me with professional comparison ( a survey) between Business Objects XI and SQL 2005 SSIS?

thank you.

yes, this is for cubes and universes
    but I cannot find info for ETL tools
    All evaluation I found at web are old (using SQL 2000 (DTS) or SSIS beta)

ETL itself is a giant topic. I know some ETL tools can cost tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands depending on your design and nature of ETL.

Perhaps you could share more about your ETL intention so that we could share what we have used b4

DTS or the new SSIS is something not very sophisticated and you may encounter some problem if your data source is not very well structured.

ETL tools comparison

Thank you.

All data sources and data distinations we have - SQL 2005 interprise ed. almost all sources are 3-4-d normal form db (including CLR datatypes and uniqueidentifiers) and some of them structured flat files. I already tested cteating SSIS packages with some aggregations but since I have seen only the demonstration of BO XI data integrator and do not have access to test it properly, I found that SSIS is better for us.
    The cause is that BO XI DOES NOT understand CLR db objects, uniqueidentifiers (generated by SQL 2005 or generics CLR methods). During the demonstration, we where unable to go through all depended objects in our SQL 2005 db.

wow! I am very surprised that SSIS can actually beat BO Enterprise? That's something very interesting as SSIS is actually a free tool.