Angry Unanswered: Failed to upgrade Oracle Cluster Registry configuration

We´ve to install Oracle 10gR2 RAC (10.2.0.1) on Os solaris 5.10 with fujitsu siemens primecluster version SMAWcf-4.2A0025EKS03.

We have to place the Oracle Cluster Repository (OCR) and the Voting Disk on shared devices. We´re using NFS - files on a NetworkAppliance filer (model FAS250, Version 7.0.3P4.

All NFS - files are mounted with following options:
    rw,bg,hard,intr,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,proto=tcp, forcedirectio,noac,timeo=180,vers=3

We decided to place OCR and CSS on a shared nfs file: na:/vol/oracle/data1:
    OCR = /nfs/oracle/data1/oracrs/OCR
    CSS = /nfs/oracle/data1/oracrs/CSS

During installation of oracle clusterware with OUI occurs the following problem:

Executing configuration script orainstRoot.sh on node1 = OK

Executing configuration script root.sh on node1 FAILED: Failed to upgrade Oracle Cluster Registry configuration.

What´s the possible reason for this failure ? What can we do to solve this problem ?

Thank you for your help in this matter !

First, did you verify that your NAS (that is, your NetworkAppliance filer) is certified to run Oracle RAC ?

Also, before running the installer, use the cluster verification utility to make sure you meet all the requirements before running the installation.

Oracle Certification matrix for SOLARIS
    Used Fujitsu-Siemens PrimeCluster Version 4.2 is certified for Oracle 10gR2 64-bit
    I checked the output of verification of Oracle Clusterware Requirements:

Because we´re using fujitsu siemens primecluster in my opinion following SUN - Cluster packages aren´t necessary:
    SUNWsprox n/a for Solaris 10
    SUNWscucm - package for SUN Cluster
    SUNWudlmr - package for SUN Cluster
    SUNWudlm - package for SUN Cluster
    ORCLudlm - package for SUN Cluster
    SUNWscr - package for SUN Cluster
    SUNWscu - package for SUN Cluster

Regards
    urbale

No, I meant to check if your NAS device, where you have your NFS, on where you will put your OCR and voting disk, is certified against Oracle RAC. I recently installed 10gR2 RAC, on two sun fire v420, but I chose Sun Cluster, I have no experience with PrimeCluster.

Try reading throughout the Installation Guide.