Unanswered: SQL Backup failure

I have backing SQL Server which consists of several database. The scheduled Maintenance plans backs up all the database except the larger one. Backup is across network at night. I get the following errors.

Write on '\\tetnas\sqlbackup\Tetnetreports201006.BAK' failed, status = 121. See the SQL Server error log for more details.

looking at log gives the following details : (both associated to the same backup)

BACKUP failed to complete the command BACKUP DATABASE [Tetnetreports] TO DISK = N'\\tetnas\sqlbackup\Tetnetreports_db_200610192302 .BAK' WITH INIT , NOUNLOAD , NOSKIP , STATS = 10, NOFORMAT

and

BackupDiskFile::RequestDurableMedia: failure on backup device '\\tetnas\sqlbackup\Tetnetreports_db_200610192302. BAK'. Operating system error 64(The specified network name is no longer available.).

Yet it allows me to BACKUP to LOCAL C: DRIVE without issues

Pls help

Many thanks

Provided Answers: 6
    I perform my backups to local disks and then I have a job to copy those files to another device just because of issues like this.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Quote Originally Posted by saimazain
    Backup is across network at night.
    There is the problem!

Quote Originally Posted by saimazain
    BackupDiskFile::RequestDurableMedia: failure on backup device '\\tetnas\sqlbackup\Tetnetreports_db_200610192302. BAK'. Operating system error 64(The specified network name is no longer available.).
    That is the result of the problem.

Your network or network device cannot stay connected to the SQL Server server and receive the stream of data without a hiccup. Either backup to local disk and then copy off the backup file, or backup to a tape. Disk to tape is preferred by 10 out of 10 DBAs.

-- This is all just a Figment of my Imagination --