Unhappy Unanswered: Large Filesize Difference between VBA vs. Non VBA database

Just curious, I finally learned enough VBA to do completely without macros anymore so I decided to reconstruct my database. I started with a blank database, copied the tables, forms, reports, and quieries from the original database, and then wrote the code for all of the events in my forms.

I was just wondering why my new database was 11+ Mb when the original was 6.5 I have two very, very small images imbedded in one form but they are less than 20 x 20 pixels each.

Has anyone else noticed something like this? What could be eating up all of this space?

Quote Originally Posted by tlaurick
    Has anyone else noticed something like this? What could be eating up all of this space?
    All sorts. Also, embedded images can cause a db to balloon. On a copy you could try decompiling & compacting. That would drop the size a fair bit I would bet.

HTH
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Just like Poots there ... Is this the filesize BEFORE compacting? Or after? OS running on? File system?
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Talking

Thank you, the "Compact" database tool worked. If feel dumb because I was actually looking for a way to compress the file. Should have searched help for compact not compress. Yes, I'm still a noobie! My file is back to 6.5 Mb. Thanks again

compact is one thing.
    poots is also talking about decompile
    ...decompile can have a dramatic effect on file-size and execution speed - especially if you have been hammering away at 10000 code edits over the months.
    but, as poots also mentions, decompile a copy since the process sometimes leaves a db stone dead.

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2