Unanswered: Quote and double quote

In SQL string I'm building an Insert statement, based on the data in a recordset.

However, it reates a huge amount of problems, as some of the records in the recordsets CAN contain single quotes, and thus breaks the sentence apart.

Any of the values surrounded with ' (single quote) is a string (varchar) field from a recordset in a sql-server db.

So how do I avoid the single quotes? I considered building a small function that parses the string and removes singe quote's, but if there's an easier way, I'd like to know.

Cheers, Flix

Code:
        SQL = "INSERT INTO md_tbl_rapportering values(" & txt_foreid.Value & _
            "," & txt_nummer.Caption & "," & subform_udvalg![Musanummer].Value & _
            "," & subform_udvalg![Gramex-ID].Value & _
            ",'" & subform_udvalg!Plademærkenavn.Value & "'," & subform_udvalg!Plademærkenummer.Value & _
            "," & subform_udvalg!selskabsnummer.Value & ",'" & subform_udvalg!selskabsnavn.Value & _
            "','" & subform_udvalg!katalognummer.Value & "','" & subform_udvalg!Indspilningslandekode.Value & _
            "'," & subform_udvalg!Indspilningsår.Value & "," & subform_udvalg!side.Value & _
            "," & subform_udvalg!Tracknummer.Value & ",'" & subform_udvalg![Album Titel].Value & _
            "','" & subform_udvalg![track Titel].Value & "','" & subform_udvalg![Hoved artist].Value & "'," & _
            mintid & "," & minsek & ",0,0,0,'')"
    IT squid: networks, servers, firewalls, routers and I dabble a little with SQL-server and Access as well....

This is my personal approach when dealing with single or double quotes: I stay away from issuing Executes. I go with recordsets and poke the "offending" strings accross that way ... Either DAO or ADO it doesn't matter.
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

I wound up writing this little function. Solves the quotation issue.

Code:
    Public Function FjernCit(tekststreng As String) As String

Dim lengde
        Dim plads
        Dim returstreng

lengde = Len(tekststreng)

For i = 1 To lengde

If Mid(tekststreng, i, 1) <> "'" Then returstreng = returstreng & Mid(tekststreng, i, 1)

Next i

FjernCit = returstreng

End Function
    IT squid: networks, servers, firewalls, routers and I dabble a little with SQL-server and Access as well....

Provided Answers: 1
    If you're going to do it that way, you might as well use Replace()...
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***