Unanswered: Need to add data to a lookup column on the fly?

I have an interface form just to update the "supplier" lookup table. My "New Purchase Order Form" interface uses this field to select a supplier. Occasionally the users encounter "New Suppliers" that are not in the lookup table. Can these new suppliers be "added on the fly" With out having to stop their work flow to go back to the "supplier interface form" just to add the new name?
    Last edited by LBorowiec; 10-24-06 at 11:36.

There's probably many ways or no way depending on how your app was designed and any dependencies on the supplier table ...

In other words, your question is too vague because there's not enough detail on the program design and the table structures involved with the process your asking about ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

I am in the early development of this application. The lookup table only feed the purchase order form as an aid to selecting and not typing many different spellings of the same vendor. Later, these vendors will be sorted by name to report their respective activity with the company. I was thinking maybe a dialog box that pops up if not found in the table and can collect the missing information: Name, Contact, Address, and Phone number. that would then saved to the lookup table.