Unanswered: Re-join Security Workgroup??? How?

I recently thought I had a corrupted database. I created a new database and imported all objects into that database. I use a security workgroup so I just kept the start up icon pointing to the workgroup and then the new database. The security works for the users but anyone can double click on the actual database and open it up. I believe that I need to re-attach the workgroup to the database so it is totally secure again.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
    B&R

Sounds like you need to hide the actual database and use a short cut that will go thru your workgroup to access the database. As long as this database is accessed via the short cut then they will have to log in

See sample below

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\MSACCESS.EXE" "I:\Database Security\Staff Database.mdb" /wrkgrp "I:\Database Security\Staff.mdw"

Yes, that is what I am currently doing but I wanted to try to stop a user from finding the database on their hard drive. They could then open directly by double clicking on the database. Before, you could not do that.

Thanks for your help!
    B&R

You could always hide the database under properties and then uncheck the box that says show hidden folders. The user will not be able to see the database.