Unanswered: Sorting in a report

Hi,
    I am trying to print out a report from a cascading combo box in descending order by total number of issues.

Example, In my 2-tier cascading, It will show the 1-tier then followed by a grouped 2-tier. The matching 2-tier will be grouped togather and counted. All this is working fine, however it is the way I wanted to show. I am looking for most items in the count and then descending. Right now it is sorting by second tier2.

I tried the order by option but no luck
    ======================
    Levent
    Access 3

Change your ORDER BY of the combo ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Maybe, I wasn't able to state it clearly. In my form. The first item in the combobox "Complaints" and print the item. I leave the 2-tier option blank so it will not filter.

On my report I am grouping any identical Complaints, ie "Damaged shipping" counting each grouped 2-tier items.
    Code:
    Complaint ---Damaged shipping   Count 5
    Complaint ---Wrong item  Count 6
    Complaint ---Debris Found Count 1
    I am trying to sort this so that the second tier item with the greatest number is listed first, so on and so forth.

But I am only able to group by second tier item
    ======================
    Levent
    Access 3

Quote Originally Posted by Leventcos21
    Maybe, I wasn't able to state it clearly. In my form. The first item in the combobox "Complaints" and print the item. I leave the 2-tier option blank so it will not filter.

On my report I am grouping any identical Complaints, ie "Damaged shipping" counting each grouped 2-tier items.
    Code:
    Complaint ---Damaged shipping   Count 5
    Complaint ---Wrong item  Count 6
    Complaint ---Debris Found Count 1
    I am trying to sort this so that the second tier item with the greatest number is listed first, so on and so forth.

But I am only able to group by second tier item
    Tiers mean nothing to me ... How many combos do you have? What is the order of cascade? How are each of the combos bound (or not)?
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

I agree with Mike. It sounds like you may need to use the sorting and grouping popup box but more info would definately help as I'm confused with your use of Tiers as well.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

I have a 2 level cascading combo box. In the form, I will select from the first combobox ("Complaints" or Deviations,etc). Then I select a date range ( 1/1/2006- 10/1/2006). I am trying to filter the first combobox, (Complaints) and list any subcategories below it, from the specific date range. I am grouping on any duplicate subcategories (ie, Damaged Shipping, Wrong item, etc) and calculate a count for each subcategory.

All this above works fine with no problem. However, It is sorting by the subcategory.
    Code:
    Complaint 
                           Damaged Item
                                               Count Damaged Item = 1

Complaint         
                          Shipped Wrong Item
                                                Count Shipped Wrong Item = 6

Complaint
                         Debris Found
                                                Count Debris Found = 3
    I am trying to sort this by, =Count([SubConcernName]), but not able to accomplish this. I am trying to report this form Hightest Count to lowest.

Thanks,
    ======================
    Levent
    Access 3