Unanswered: Date flag in Access 2003

New Access user here. I have a simple datebase containing employee information. I have 3 differents dates which reflect the DUE date for a qualification that each employee needs in order to continue working on the job site.
    I have looked at other postings but see nothing similar to what I am needing.

I need to simply have a flag (colour change or text) to alert a user that the current date is within a 30 day window prior to the due date.
    In other words a warning that warns when that employee is 30 days away from requalification in each of the 3 categories.

Someone suggested just running a query and find dates between this date and 30 days from now, but this seems kinda silly.
    Then again...what do I know?
    Thanks in advance.

Here's the question: WHERE do you need this? Is this going to be on a form? A report? On a form with a list of employees? This type of thing can be easy or hard or impossible depending on your requirements ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Here you go...

Thanks for the reply.
    This would preferably be seen in a form as new employees are being entered.
    The current form contains several subforms with each record going to its own table obviously.
    But I suppose we could also do it by means of a report.
    The only question I still have at this point, is how does one design this thing...in order to account for those who my not be diligent enough to continually (daily) check for new dates that would be indicating as falling under <30days.
    Which brings to mind another concern...what IS the best way to daily remind users of this date warning?
    My apologies if I sound completely stupid about this...

Quote Originally Posted by mbsevans
    Thanks for the reply.
    This would preferably be seen in a form as new employees are being entered.
    The current form contains several subforms with each record going to its own table obviously.
    But I suppose we could also do it by means of a report.
    The only question I still have at this point, is how does one design this thing...in order to account for those who my not be diligent enough to continually (daily) check for new dates that would be indicating as falling under <30days.
    Which brings to mind another concern...what IS the best way to daily remind users of this date warning?
    My apologies if I sound completely stupid about this...
    With it being on a form tied to a specific employee, it gets easy ... Poll (my word for query) for the selected employee's qualifications/certs and the expirations for each and compare each to the current date + 30. If less than that, flag it - Greater than OK. now HOW to display is really a matter of choice and design ... You can do it many different ways.

As to your last question: what ever your requirements are is the best way. Do people want a report? Do they want a summary form listing only those who have upcoming expirations? Don't know? ASK THEM.
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...