Post Unanswered: Limiting Number of Rows displayed in an Oracle Form

I have several oracle forms that i use to display results as lists. Is there a way to limit the number of rows displayed to only those needed to display the data present plus one to add a new record? I keep getting a bunch of empty rows when there is not a lot of data to display. Any help would be appreciated.

Croatia, Europe
    Provided Answers: 4
    I don't know the easy way to do that; there is a built-in which can be used to retreive current number of displayed records - get_block_property('block_name', records_displayed) - but, unfortunately, there's nothing like SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY('block_name', records_displayed, new_value).

What to do? The only thing I can suggest is to manually create a block with records; for example, to create a grid of 10 rows with 4 columns, you'd have to manually create 40 fields on the screen. You'd then show or hide a complete row, depending on number of records fetched by a query.

Not something I'd want to do.

Just being curious: why would empty records bother you? If you always fetch a few records (4, for example), create a block with 4 displayed records, so you won't have "bunch of empty rows"