Unanswered: Can someone kindly advise Where to learn VB programing? Forgive me for posting my que

Dear All,
    I do apologise for not posting my question in the relevant place but I really didnt know where to post this.
    I am a very, very keen individual that really want to learn VB or VBA or VB net, which ever is easy to learn and good to use. Basically I want to learn either of these programming langauges with wich I can use MS Access as I am good with using access and I have also created few basic applications using some of the built in fuctions within access. Can Someone kindly advise if there are some good courses available OR IF THERE IS A book for the beginners which teaches from beginning to higher levels.

I really want a course or a book to even teach me every syntax or meaning for every word or statement that is used in vb or vba or vb net programing i.e.
    str or dim, DoCmd, Variant
    and so son I want to know that does each of those words mean and what are their functions?

I WOULD REALLY, REALLY BE VERY THANKFUL TO ANYONE WHO COULD PLEASE ADVISE ME ON THIS? THANK YOU SO MUCH.
    Emi-UK
    Love begets Love, Help Begets Help

order a visual basics bible 2005 from amazon.com i got mine for only $0.99 + S&H

Emal, I will glad to help.
    MLS

I am takeing a class at the local Tech School. It is very good. Did great in the Beginning class. Not doing so good in the Intermediate class. Should have taken a few of the prerequisites first. Am lost in Access and SQL.

Str= string....abc!@#123
    Dim = Dimension...what is the Dimension of you house?
    MS-Access is a data base Manager. SQL is a medthod to access the data base. A data base is a group of data. I like a checker-board. It has 8 rows and 8 columns. Each square is called a Cell.
    A data base could have 10 columns and 1000 rows......and on and on.....

I know a great web site, for french people, www.vbfrance.com ... if you don't know french... then I can't help you, sorry about that