Thread: INSERT Problem

Unanswered: INSERT Problem

I'm having an issue inserting records into an SQL server. We're using Access 2003 as the front end with an SBS2003 box running sql with all the latest patches.

Everything works fine with one computer accessing but when we have multiple computers (5) we experience problems. Each order has multiple details rows that are being inserted into a table using ADO w/SQL commands. The rows for each order are entered into the table and the appear correct. Then the rows for the specific order appear to get removed and then all added again (with the same time stamp) but with some of the data missing.

Any help would be appreaciated.

Cheers,
    Jon_

Provided Answers: 6
    got code? see Brett's sticky at the top of the page. It sounds like you have an application bug dealing with concurrency.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrasymachus
    got code? see Brett's sticky at the top of the page. It sounds like you have an application bug dealing with concurrency.
    Exactly the problem! We found a bug in the code and it was a concurrency issue.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
    Jon_

Provided Answers: 6
    I am awesome at blind chess but not chess with the blindman
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Well, I read the title and I was thinking that some sort of initimate relationship manual might come in handy
    Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.