Bay Area

Unanswered: Message: Excel has recovered the following files...

I am working on an Excel 2003 application that has VBA coding in a workbook I'll call "main". During the process, several other workbooks are opened and closed after copying data into the "main" workbook, then Access is opened after setting the security level to low (this prevents interruption of the program). The database has links to two worksheets in the main workbook. Access does its thing with macros and exports data from created tables to 3 new Excel files. Access is closed and then some formatting is done to the 3 new reports. My main workbook is saved at the end because a list of report names that the program created has been added to the menu/instructions worksheet, and data in two worksheets has been replaced. This is all done with one button press and no interruption from beginning to end.

Here is the problem. When I close the main file and exit Excel and open it later, a dialog box is displayed with the message "Excel has recovered the following files. Save the ones you wish to keep." My main file is the one listed. This does not happen every time, but I've seen it several times.

Anyone know how to fix this?

I don't know - just guessing. It does sound like it might be related to auto-recover. Have a look at the Excel setting - tools, options, save. Maybe turn it off if it is not already.