Unanswered: Does any1 know y my DB has created 6new tables that I dont know about & didnt create?

Since this has happened to me for the first time, I have absolutely no idea. I opened my database to find out why I have duplicate values in a particulary query. But when I opened the datase I SAW A NEW problem in my database and that is that I saw 6 new tables that I dont know HOW and From WHERE and WHY they are created in my system.

Can anyone please tell me what they are and why and how I got them? And when such tables automatically are created by the system? Please see the attached screenshot which will give you more idea. I have circled the new tables with red lines. Thank you so much for your help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tables.JPG  
    Emi-UK
    Love begets Love, Help Begets Help

Provided Answers: 59
    those are the system tables that Access uses to store meta data, ie definitions of what is in the Db, how the tables, forms & reports are interelated.

you could delete them by selecting them - Howvere if you do you will destroy the database.

they are probably visible becaasue you have recently turned ont he show system or hidden files option.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Thank you very much for your help. So, It means that if some one knows how to tick the Show "Hidden Objects" and "System Objects" then he/she can easily see the database password and other secret information?
    Emi-UK

Provided Answers: 19
    When development is over, AFTER making a couple of backup copies for future use and before distribution, you really should set up things so that your end users don't have access to these sorts of things. The truth is that there's always someone who can get thru any security scheme you employ! The question is, who would want to? The vast majority of damage to systems is not caused by "hackers" but rather by everyday users with too much time on their hands, just "messing around" and playing with things.

Just so that you don't accidentally delete one of these system tables, goto:

Tools->Options->View and uncheck "Hidden Objects" and "System Objects"
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Hi Missingling, thank you for your dvice. yes, I had hidden the object and system objects. I totally agree with you as who does what. but unfortuntely it is not always easy to tell who has done what!.
    Emi-UK

Provided Answers: 59
    part of the toolbag of any 'serious' access developer is to split the application into a front end & a back end (the former stores all the interface (eg forms, reports etc), the latter the data that is shared).

when you get round to deploying the application you should deploy it as an encrypted (MDE) rather than a standard MDB. The MDE freezes users out form meddling with anything that you haven't explicitly designed for them (so they cannot create their own reports, forms etc (they also cannot tinker with table design etc). However it doesn't stop the systems developer, or people with the right tools & knowhow tinkering with things. One minor point once an MDE is made DO NOT delete the MDB - chnages cannot be made to an MDE, so you need an MDB to do the maintenance and the MDE to deploy to users.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Thank you so much for your good advice. I had actually tried once to convert the MDB to MDE but it didnt work. May be I dont/ didnt know how to convert to MDE and maybe there are things that I have to do or check before converting to MDE? Can you give any idea of how to do that Please?
    Emi-UK

First thing you need to do is to compile your DB. If there are errors in it they will be pointed out and you can make corrections, then convert to an MDE.
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

My ms access is verision 2002 and when i go to change the mdb to mde, the Make MDE file option is unavailable. Is there anyway I can change this to MDE despite my database being built in 2002?
    Emi-UK

So you're running Access 2002 and the db was originally built in Access 2002? Is that correct?
    Hope this helps!