Unanswered: Remote db catalog information stays after uninstall

I uninstalled DB2 v8.2 from my machine (Win XP). Also removed the sample database directories. However, after re-installing DB2, when I did a "list database directory", I can see all the remote database catalog informations are available. Can anyone tell me where does these informations reside and why it was'nt removed when I uninstalled DB2.

It is not removed because many people want to install a new release and keep the old configuration of remote databases. Databases are not removed either when you uninstall DB2, although you need to recatalog them.

The easiest way to get rid of them is to uncatalog the remote databases, then uncatalog the remote nodes. See the Command Reference for details.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Thanks for the reply.

Supposedly I remove all the local databases before uninstalling db2, and not uncatalog any nodes/databases. As I understand from your statement, the remote catalog informations still persist. Just curious to know where does db2 store these informations, so that they are not removed during an unistall.