Unanswered: Db2 DataWarehouse Center and Datastage

Hi

I am taking the DB2 Business Intelligence exam 705.

I am not very clear on which technology to use when transforming and loading data in parallel shoudl we use db2 datawarehouse center or should we use IBM datastage ?

regards
    Hrishy

P.S:I know datastage with parallelism and all will be faster but what is the answer if i get a question like that in a exam ?

parallel

I would say : websphere datastage enterprise edition
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    DB2 UDB LUW certified V6/7/8

db2hrishy,
    if I remember correctly there was no such a question on 705 exam. So don't worry.
    Hope this helps,
    Grofaty

Hi Grofaty

Hmm sounds like you have been there and done that.Wundering what materials did you use for preparing the exam.

I am uisng Gonzalves book IBM Datawarehousing and Business Intelligence Tools.

Is this book sufficient to sail through with the exam ?

regards
    Hrishy
    Last edited by db2hrishy; 11-08-06 at 02:20.

Hi,
    I didn't study any special book. I was just on a DB2 conference where certification exams was for free. So I just tried it out and I passed...

By the way, on exams there can be some questions from older versions of products. I remember for certification 700 there was one question about olap starter kit (there was 8.2 database available) and olap starter kit was only in v7.1 not in 8.1 not in 8.2. So after the exam, there you can post comments. So I have comment to have a older version questions...

Ok, back to you question. I have got official answer to you question from IBM. Warehouse Center or Warehouse manager are not possible to buy any more. So official path should be: if you were using "Warehouse Center" the new product is "Data Warehouse Edition". If you were using "Warehouse Manager" the new product is "Data Stage".

According to my knowledge to your first question in this post, there is not possible to use parallel load in Warehouse Center and is not even possible to do this in Data Warehouse Edition. I don't know if this is possible to do with Datastage, but I asume it can be done if there is no possibility in Warehouse Center.

Hope this helps,
    Grofaty