Temp-To-Permanent: 6 months
Database Specialist II: To provide services to the Data Collection Programs in software and data base development and data transformation from one system to another. The two primary systems used are Microsoft SQL and SYBASE/UNIX to support projects in the following areas:
- Activities related to maintaining an efficient and robust server environment, to include: procurement recommendations, installation, configuration, administration, and maintenance of dedicated servers.
- Mentor and train staff in the use, administration, and maintenance of SQL server and UNIX/SYBASE servers.
- Systems analysis work, including consultation with analysts and programmers, on production systems to determine the direction for new relational database/data mart applications. May include activities related to data transformation from Sybase to SQL, modeling data schema for SQL Server databases (2000 and 2005 versions)
-Will operate in both the Microsoft and UNIX environments
1. experience in building databases in SQL Server 2005 w/some experience in Sybase
2. experience in building database for a data warehousing
3. experience in building databases on Windows 2003 platform (but Unix and IBM mainframe experience a plus)
4. critical that candidate has experience in building databases to address performance, access and security issues (knowing which architectures support role-based access, large volumes of transactions and queries)
5. experience in use of Microsoft Analysis Services and Reporting Tools (database schema needs to support use of analytical tools)
6. knowledge of statistics and experience in use of statistical tools such as SAS, SPSS
**The client said XML is important because of translation requirements for database input data. Programming experience in the .NET language is not as critical