Unanswered: Known Issues with DB2 FP6

All,

We are running a few db2 udb instances on Aix.
    Db2 Details -
    DB21085I Instance "dumf2t2" uses "32" bits and DB2 code release "SQL08016"
    with level identifier "02070106".
    Informational tokens are "DB2 v8.1.1.56", "s040616", "U497635", and FixPak "6".
    Product is installed at "/usr/opt/db2_08_01".

Aix Details
    OS LEVEL 5.2.0.0 ML 5

I know this fix pack is very old, however can you please post a few of the problems you have encountred if you were on this level. This will help us to convince our client to move a fix pack higher. Also if possible suggest the fixpack we should move to. If FIXPACK 10 stable.

Please do not post the APAR LIST here.

Thanks

Nitin
    HTH

Nitin

Ask the experienced rather than the learned

They are many shops still at DB2 V8 FP 6 (v8.1)…

The most important business risk is the out of service date. Check what is it currently on the website (or get in touch with IBM to get the info)

Other than that, if you can show that there will be cost advantage moving to a new level, management will be more than happy to support your efforts. Technical problems of the release level is hardly a convincing factor, if you are already on the release and have no problems.

Cost reasons to go to the later fixpaks could depend on the nature of the shop you are in ;

If you are aggressively developing new applications, there are umpteen new features in V8.2 that can be made use.

For admin type, there are a number of new features as well – eg. Activity monitor, enhanced health and event monitoring, automatic storage etc.

Go to the latest available fix level or the one before.

I understand that FP 10 and after are reasonably stable.

HTH

Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.