Unanswered: Is SQL Server SQL99 Compliant

Is SQL Server 2000 SQL99 Compliant? I have googled it but I haven't cooked up any satisfactory result.
    Well, if not why is it so? Why doesn't the M$ go by ANSI SQL99 ?
    Any comment
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    - Sir Winston Churchill
    Joydeep

Is SQL Server 2000 SQL99 Compliant?

No -- uttered from deepest conviction
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

Provided Answers: 6
    is there a RDBMS that is even fully ANSI-92 compliant? If this a stupid question, let me know. 95% of my DB experience is SQL Server, but I was under the impression no vendor was 100% on this.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

i believe mimer is
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca

Provided Answers: 54
    Keep in mind that I'm no longer associated with either ISO or ANSI, but the following is correct to the best of my knowledge:

I don't think that the proposed SQL-99 standard has been approved by either the ISO or ANSI. The last formally approved standard that I know of is still SQL-92, although people have treated the F draft of SQL-99 as a standard for years even though it was never ratified, and a G draft was published but never formally proposed to either organization.

Which of the variations of the SQL-99 standard are you refering to, and which of the compatibility levels within the standard are you concerned with compliance? SQL Standards Compliance is one of those "slippery slopes" that has an almost Heisenberg like set of problems associated with it since the XJ committees stopped meeting in 2000.

-PatP

"an almost Heisenberg like set of problems"

quote of the week

rudy.ca | @rudydotca

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Phelan
    Keep in mind that I'm no longer associated with either ISO or ANSI, but the following is correct to the best of my knowledge:

I don't think that the proposed SQL-99 standard has been approved by either the ISO or ANSI. The last formally approved standard that I know of is still SQL-92, although people have treated the F draft of SQL-99 as a standard for years even though it was never ratified, and a G draft was published but never formally proposed to either organization.

Which of the variations of the SQL-99 standard are you refering to, and which of the compatibility levels within the standard are you concerned with compliance? SQL Standards Compliance is one of those "slippery slopes" that has an almost Heisenberg like set of problems associated with it since the XJ committees stopped meeting in 2000.

-PatP
    If ever the day comes that I am charge with a capital crime (I've come soooo close with sooo many developers), would you be my lawyer?

Regards,

hmscott
    Have you hugged your backup today?

Provided Answers: 54
    Quote Originally Posted by hmscott
    If ever the day comes that I am charge with a capital crime (I've come soooo close with sooo many developers), would you be my lawyer?

Regards,

hmscott
    What court can you imagine that would consider me anything but an acomplise after the fact?

-PatP