Unanswered: Access seeing unique records as duplicates

I have a query that appends data to another table. In both the source table and the updated table, a field is formatted as:

Data Type: Number
    Field Size: Single
    Format: General Number
    Decimal Places: Auto

There are several records in the source data that are grouped, meaning the first part of the number is the same, then there is a unique number after the decimal (Ex. 19852.1, 19852.2, 19852.3). When I try to append to the new table, it only will copy over the first (19852.1), and it gives a key validation error for the rest. The numbers are clearly different. How come Access is ignoring the data after the decimal? HELP! Yet another one of those Access things that makes absolutely no sense.

just try to manipulate scale and/or decimal places in your table design
    i believe all your data are rounded up because there are no provisions for how many digits are to be allowed behind the decimal point
    Only quitters quit!

Provided Answers: 59
    ..can we see the actual code / queries and table design you are using
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

I created a table with your sample data set up how you have described and Access doesn't seem to have a problem with it. In the table do you see the decimal? Is the data being converted in a query somewhere? What happens it you append a .6 or higher? Does it round up?

Never mind, I was an idiot. There was one little validation setting on a completely unrelated field that was causing the problem.