If you have an innate ability to manage the logistical aspects of projects, enjoy bringing different teams together to accomplish a common goal and have strong analytical capabilities, then comScore has a home for you as a Technical Project Manager in our Reston, VA headquarters.
To apply for this position, please visit www.comscorecareers.com or call Peter Radloff at 703-438-2372 with any questions.
We are looking for 2 Project Managers, with 2-5 years experience to manage the technical aspects of projects. The ideal candidate will thrive in this high output environment where they will be required to review product requirements, understand what needs to be done and work with appropriate groups to implement the requirements. The candidate will interface with technical groups to maintain schedules and deadlines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Determine the tasks, resources and time required to accomplish the implementation of technical projects.
• Offer technical expertise in analyzing projects requested by internal and external organizations.
• Create and document the implementation plan and coordinate the tasks required for deployment of a given project.
• Plan and schedule necessary meetings to drive a given project.
• Drive projects to completion though management of a project plan. This includes all aspects of a technical project including the steps of define, design, build, test and deploy a new system and/or the implementation of enhancements to existing systems.
• Act as central point of contact for a given technical project. Work and communicate directly with various internal Technology groups to understand requirements and to assist in identifying and implementation of solutions. Have intimate knowledge of available technical solutions and be able to communicate that knowledge to non-technical individuals.
• Coordinate and perform any required testing or training for a project implementation.
• Respond to operational issues and information requests within defined areas of responsibility as required.
• Internet industry background (desired)
• Proficient with SQL.
• Familiar with data warehouse and relational database concepts.
• Experience writing detailed project plans using MS Excel or Project.
• Experience managing several projects at once, of varying sizes.
• Analytic background, proven problem solving ability
• Focused self-starter with ability to effectively juggle and complete multiple tasks
• Strong diplomacy, coordination and communication skills (written and spoken), especially with respect to technical content
• Fast learner with willingness and ability to develop new disciplines and learn new technologies and skills quickly
• Ability to understand technical issues and offer solutions as part of a team
• Able to collaborate well across internal groups with diverse professionals
• Comfortable and committed to multi-tasking work in a small company environment
• Demonstrated effectiveness in providing leadership to multi-functional teams in a technical production environment
• Expertise and willingness to write formal system engineering specifications quickly
• Very strong attention to detail
• Must be a fast learner, adaptable, able to work hard under pressure and with decisiveness and limited oversight.
At comScore Networks, employees enjoy competitive compensation and vacation benefits, comprehensive health care coverage, 401(k) savings plan, a fast paced and exciting office environment and much more.
comScore is a truly innovative company that is improving clients' sales and marketing efforts by leveraging the power of the Internet. Using our massive Internet-based databases, we have developed a revolutionary set of information products that provide real time understanding of consumer behavior. These products can be used by marketers, financial and strategic planners, money managers, economists and other senior executives to stay abreast of important trends and changes in consumer activity. This is an exciting and intellectually challenging opportunity for a creative and motivated individual to contribute to the explosive growth of an industry leader. By helping our clients adopt and deploy solutions that provide exceptional competitive advantage you will in turn help drive comScore's continued success.