Thread: Email question

Unanswered: Email question

Hello,

First time thread.

Ok, I have a db that I enter a different email address into each record as I create it. I want the option to send a pre-created email to the email address in that one record by simply clicking my run nacro button. I used sendobject to get it going and have everything I want, except one thing. I need the email address to fill in the To: portion of the sendobject macro when I click the button to run the email macro. Under the sendobject option, I have my CC: filled with my address, the subject and body I want, but am not sure how to get the CustomerEMailAddress field to automatically fill in the To: section for the record I want to send an email from.

Please help.

I have added an attachment to show what I need.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Email.jpg  
    Last edited by saccharine-ace; 11-06-06 at 14:40.

Provided Answers: 6
    I don't use macros, but in VBA you'd be able to refer to the form control to get the address. You might see if the "Build" option is available in that spot, which should let you navigate to the form control.
    Paul

Thank you. Unfortunatly I am not to familiar with VBA yet, I need to get up to speed with how to understand all that.

I understand, though you'll be a lot better off with VBA in the long run. Were you able to use a form reference in the To argument?
    Paul

To be honest I felt I had a good handle on Access until I attempted this email macro...I'm not sure how to establish the form reference in the To. On the macro setup I had tried several methods that might have worked, but was left empty handed. I was just hoping their was a simple task of just typing something in the box that I had not thought of.

The "Build" option doesn't appear to be enabled, but I just tested and you can type it in:

=[Forms]![FormName].[ControlName]

which pulled up an email with the address from the form filled in the To field.
    Paul

Wow!!! Ok, to clarify. I put the name of my form in the FORMNAME area, and the name of the field in the CONTROL NAME?

THe form name is frmqrypd and the field is CustomerEMailAddress

Is this right?

=[Forms]![frmqrypd].[CustomerEMailAddress]

WOO HOO!!! I tworked, I just tried it, you are life saver!!! Thank you so much!!!