Unanswered: Viewing resources per instance

Hi, I've got multiple instances running on the same server (oracle 9i), and I'm wondering how to figure out how much of my allocated resources (memory, CPU) are used by the different instances. Is there a way doing this?

Obscurr

You forgot to say what is your operating system. On Windows, try looking on the Task Manager (you will have to dig for a Thread lister, since only the parent process is listed on Windows). On Unix, try using ps.

Windows platform. So there is no easy way of saying that "this instance is dedicated with x % of the memory availible on the server" ? How does Oracle determine which instance needs the most resources?
    Obscurr

In terms of memory, the amount each instance uses is limited by sga max size and pga aggregate target. Now if the sum of memory allocatable by all your instances is greater than the amount of RAM+swap you have, whichever instances ask for the memory first will get it until you run out.

It would be better if you limit the total available to all your instances to be less than the total amount of RAM you have + whatever amount windows requires.

Alan