Provided Answers: 1

Unanswered: ORA-12529 with CMan 10g

(Running 2 databases under 10.2.0.1 on a W2003 server. Due to network security we must have CMan installed so that we can direct client access to/from the server through one port.)
    I have installed & configured Cman 10g on the database server. I have registered my 2 databases with CMan, and configured the local_listener & remote_listener parameters on both databases. I have amended the local TNSNames.ora file (i.e. the one on the client PC) to access the databases via the port specified when I configured CMan. When I try to connect from the client PC I can connect to one of the databases OK but when I try to connect to the other one I get :

ORA-12529: TNS:connect request rejected based on current filtering rules

I can't see how it can be the filtering rules as surely this would affect both databases, not one? Does anyone have any pointers, please?

Assuming that I can't resolve this 'feature', does anyone know if you can get the 9i version of CMan to work with 10g databases? (I'm willing to try myself but if someone out there has already tried then it would be nice to hear whether or not you succeeded.)

Thanks in advance for any help...
    90% of users' problems can be resolved by punching them - the other 10% by switching off their PCs.

So, can we see your cman.ora file contents ? or at least, the excerpt of the RULE_LIST parameter ?

It depends in both databases are seeing the same listener on whether either rules can be apply to both or not.

The rule list I'm using is:

(RULE_LIST =
    (RULE=(SRC=*)(DST=*)(SRV=*)(ACT=accept))
    (RULE=(SRC=*)(DST=*)(SRV=cmon)(ACT=accept))

For the cmon entry I have also tried DST=127.0.0.1 & DST=<my server>

Both databases are registered with cman, & their status is showing as READY, and both are using the same LISTENER.
    90% of users' problems can be resolved by punching them - the other 10% by switching off their PCs.

Try to remove the second rule (the one on CMON). I have no experience with this: but looks promising, I might give it a try.

JMartinez, thanks for your ideas on this.

But reading the Oracle notes, both rules are required otherwise the thing won't work. However, in the cmon rule I changed 'SRC=' to the server's IP Address & 'DST=' to the server's hostname. This didn't fix the problem.

To see if the problem lay elsewhere I created another Db, which I can connect to through CMan, so the problem looks like it's to do with the Db that I can't connect to - I plan to drop this & recreate it to see if that fixes it.

Thanks for your help anyway