Cool Cobol programmers on Unisys 2200 Mainframe- 9 Months Contract in Austin TX

We have immediate Need for Cobol programmers on Unisys 2200 Mainframe- 9 Months Contract in Austin TX

Client: Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS).

Project Overview. The TILEs to RUGs project is an approved project that involves the use of the fe
    derally mandated RUGS (i.e., Resource Utilization Groups) calculation in place of the Texas TILEs (i.e., Texas Index of Level of Effort) calculation. This project will involve the conversion of the 11 TILEs to the 34 RUGs and will necessitate the need to change the processing of the current 3652 form. New applications will be developed to handle these calculation changes.

The services to be provided include, but are not limited to, the following:

A. Document business rules based off of existing COBOL applications.
    B. Write pseudo-code based on the business rules analysis task.
    C. Generate detailed documentation that describes the operation of the COBOL applications.
    D. Perform other tasks as required to support above business rules analysis work.
    E. Confer with management, staff, and other stakeholders on status, progress, and issues.

II. WORKER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS

Minimum Requirements:
    Years Skills/Experience
    7+ COBOL coding experience
    5+ Unisys 2200 mainframe experience
    5+ Experience writing pseudo-code business rules specifications based on the COBOL code
    5+ Business Analysis experience
    5+ Experience documenting relational database design, data flow diagrams, data dictionaries and business processes
    5+ Experience in a user or customer support role involving multi-tasking responsibilities
    3+ Experience with data modeling, data structures, data migration/conversion and data warehousing
    3+ Experience in performing rigorous test case scenarios
    Demonstrated Experience working in a team environment
    Strong Analytical, interpersonal, technical, and both oral and written communication skills

Preferred Requirements:
    Years Skills/Experience
    -NA-

III. TERM OF SERVICE
    Services are expected to start approximately December 18, 2006 through August 31, 2007. Total estimated Worker hours shall not exceed 1494 hours per Worker. This service may be amended, renewed and/or extended providing both parties agree in writing to do so.

IV. WORK HOURS AND LOCATION
    A. Services shall be provided during normal business hours unless otherwise coordinated through the DADS. Normal business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM through 5:00 PM, excluding State holidays when the agency is closed. Some after hours and weekend work may be required but are not expected to be routine. After hours and weekend work will be managed as flex time, with time off equivalent to the number of hours worked outside the normal schedule.

B. The primary work location(s) will be in Austin, Texas.

Regards,

Unisys cobol programmer

Are you still looking for programmers?

Three and half years into a nine month contract, it is very unlikely that they are looking for help.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

I worked in that environment for 20 years, I didn't think there were any installations left.

Strange as it may seem, I could probably place a couple of folks in that kind of environment. My primary client still has some folks doing IMS to DB2 migrations!

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Phelan View Post
    Three and half years into a nine month contract, it is very unlikely that they are looking for help.

-PatP
    You'd be surprised. I signed up for a 6 month contract years ago and left after 3 years (my choice - they wanted me to stay).

Cool cobol contract

Check the dates