Unanswered: Contact database program to store clients that is easily transferrable?

I am launching a small business and am looking for somewhat of a computerized rolodex where i can easily import phone numbers, company name, address, and notes fairly easily through microsoft excel or any other means. Can anyone suggest such a program?

Provided Answers: 59
    MS Outlook?
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Can I import phone numbers from say an excel spreadsheet?

Also I do not think outlook is a good program because I need to create a seperate business contact address book from my personal contact address book.

Provided Answers: 59
    outlook is fine
    OK it may not be the smartest.. but it should do the work. The one major caveat is that becasue it easy to run vba scripts agains, and is a common email client there are some nasties otu there exploiting Outlook. But if you are safe in how you use email & websites and keep your av & firewall upto date it shouldnt be a problem.

if you need to keep your business contacts separate from private then consider setting the private flag as required or set a category. Im mnot sure how you filter private / non prive to be honest, but filtering on a catergory is straight forward

Outlook is a breeze to add records to programtically via VBA

Failing that you may find a open source app that may do the job.... I doubt it most OS programmers seem to sneer at Microsoft apps

Failing that you'll have to roll your own app.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton