Thread: Backup Question

Question Unanswered: Backup Question

Hi,

In Enterprise Manager of my SQL Server Desktop version, I selected Backup option to have back up of my db. In General tab of the menu I set schedule to recurring backup every 2 minutes on daily basis…just to test.

Now I need to change it to back up every hr or the time I desire. I tried the same way I did before. But doesn’t remove the first 2 min’s back up schedule instead it adds new back up (which I set for every 1 hr) copy to the location.

My question is:

How can I make disable to first back up schedule which was set for every 2 minutes? Do I need to overwrite the destination file name? Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

With kind regards,
    Ashfaque

So then, you did this via SQL Server Agent under Jobs? If so; you should be able to change the properties of your original job, or simply delete the whole job.

If you did it under Maintenance Plans, same thing. Just double-click the maintenance plan you want to change, click on the Complete Backup tab, and click on the "Change" button displayed next to the schedule description.

Note: Maintenance Plans create their own SQL Agent Jobs, but it will also change them if you change the properties under "Maintance Plans".

At least; that's how it's working on my SQL Server 2000 Standard environment.

you did this via SQL Server Agent under Jobs?
    Yeah.
    If you did it under Maintenance Plans
    Yeah..

Thanks vich.

I will do the same you instructed and come back to you.

Thanks.
    Ashfaque
    Last edited by Ashfaque; 11-11-06 at 03:16.

In the mean time I have another question.

I intalled same server desktop version at my office and I need to RESTORE back up of my db that I created at home.

Hence I created same db name at office and tried to restore it form the CD drive. It proced the attached error. Then I coied back file somewhere in C: drive and again tried to restore the db. But failed.

1. Can somebody explain me how to restore the db?
    2. Do I need to create the same db folder name to restore the back up?
    3. Why can not I restore back up from CD drive while back up is ok?
    4. Do it really need to copy backup some where in hard disk and then only can copy?

Please advice.

Thanks in advance.
    Ashaque
    Last edited by Ashfaque; 11-11-06 at 03:24.

Sorry,

Forget to attach the JPEG.

Here it is.

Ashfaque
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Backup Restoring Error.JPG