Unanswered: Refreshing Unbound Controls (that contain calculations) on a subform?

I have a main form with a subform (One to many relation) that calculates extended prices in a unbound textbox in the detail section of the subform. In the subform’s footer there are other unbound textboxes that perform other calculations. As you enter data on new line items the calculations work fine, however when pulling up previous records you have to tab thru all the input field to get the unbound controls to read and calculate the data. Is there a way to repopulate these unbound footer textboxes with out having to tab through all the fields in the subform’s detail area? Problem is my Visual Basic is very rusty! (Access 2000-2003)
    Last edited by LBorowiec; 11-13-06 at 11:42.

Wink I hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by LBorowiec
    I have a main form with a subform (One to many relation) that calculates extended prices in a unbound textbox in the detail section of the subform. In the subform’s footer there are other unbound textboxes that perform other calculations. As you enter data on new line items the calculations work fine, however when pulling up previous records you have to tab thru all the input field to get the unbound controls to read and calculate the data. Is there a way to repopulate these unbound footer textboxes with out having to tab through all the fields in the subform’s detail area? Problem is my Visual Basic is very rusty! (Access 2000-2003)
    Hello LBorowiec,
    i am no expert here but what i understand is unbound controls can updated by requering the subform. so try this on the on current event of the subform

private sub form_current ()
    [order details] . Requery 'order details is the name of the subform
    End Sub

I hope this helps

Suggestion Tried without luck

I tried the requery method and that didn't recalculate the unbound controls that were calculated controls. I also created/used a query with the same results.

private sub form_current ()
    [order details] . Requery 'order details is the name of the subform
    End Sub

In this statement, I used [subform name].Requery as your example: [order details].Requery and I got an error message "variable not found". Where did I go wrong?

try using that specific control
    ex:
    [order details].[textbox1].requery