Thread: Some Questions

Post Some Questions

Consider a table T1 with c1,c2,c3, and c4. Suppose c4 is removed from schema definition of T1. Instead a new table T2 is defined with c1, and c4 as its coluns. Now SELECT c1,c2,c3,c4 FROM t1 fails as an embedded query, in a host language. Resolve this issue so that no chnage in the form of a software patch is required in the application software that is using the embedded query.....

Then i wanna know the benefits of Outer Join.

My idea of first question is that we use SELECT * instead of specifying eahc column name in the SELECT Query.
    and in 2nd i think it tells about the voilations of that are occured in a join, i.e. value in Table A such that nothing exists for that value on Table B.

homework, eh? well, at least you gave it a shot on your own first

for the first question, the dreaded, evil "select star" is the wrong answer -- you want a view

for the second question, you are right, except they aren't called "violations"
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

no no, certainly not, just a open book, open forum paper, and yup i tried to give it a shot myself
    And then about the first, great luck, i just wrote down the same answer 6 hours ago in the paper

And thanks for confirming the second answer.
    Can you provide me some more detailed answer on the first??? coz i just guessed, i am sure that it has to be done that way, but how?

Thanks a lot everyone.

you want more information on views? i should think any basic database tutorial would include them

google for "sql tutorial +views" -- there's over a million results
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL