Hello all....

I have been put lead on rewriting our program from Corel Paradox to possibly VB .Net (yea me). We want PC based & Web Based (PHP) with ability for the DB to work with both. However, we have been with Paradox so long that there are so many new items in the world that I have to research them all. So, I came here to ponder the brains of those who may know.

What we need is a great progamming language with a great DB that will not cost our clients a fortune. Our software is designed for churches, and thus they do not have the large funds to supply for the program. Right now we are in Paradox, and the cost is average $500 (since the DB is done in Paradox as well). I have looked at MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Visual Fox Pro. I have also looked at Omnis and OpenBase....

So, my question is what language would you write a program in to save money for the customer. I know we will spend the $$$$ to get the software to do this, but we want the program to be stable and cost effective. Does MS SQL charge for you to distribute the DB for the client to use? I know MySQL charges a % of the sale per copy. PostgreSQL is free to use in all accounts of distribution...

Comments & Suggestions...thanks