Thread: Hello everyone

Hello everyone

I just joined today.

I'm looking into a problem with java heap size. I'm running AIX 5.3and java is 1.4. The message is JVMST109: Insufficient space in javaheap to satisy allocation request.

I think I found a thread or two that looks promising, so I'll go back to those. I've been working with AIX since 2003, when I came over to the Unix world from a mainframe environment. I'm primarily a DBA. I specialized in Datacom/DB and DB2 in the mainframe world, and SQL Server (from release 6.0 to 2003) and Oracle (7.3 to 8i) in the Windows world. We are running Progress 9.1.e on our AIX box to support QAD's MFG/PRO ERP system.

Just thought I would say hi, now I'll get back to looking at those java threads.

Hi gurus !

We are having the same problem (JVMST109: Insufficient space in Javaheap to satisfy allocation request) and want to tune the JVM Heap.

We know that a way is write the flags -Xms<size> y -Xmx<size>, but... this way transfer to the client a bit of the responsibility in memory administration...

..other problem is that these changes requires a client work

...so, we ask:

Is there another way in wich we (as roots) can specify the global default JVM Heap values ?

Thanks in advance !

Alfonso Vicente

Welcome to the forum
    You're more likely to get a response if you post in the correct topic.

In this instance it sounds like you want the Java topic
    George
    Home | Blog