Question Unanswered: Date conditional formating

Good morning everyone,

In one of my forms I have a text box that contains either blank, has a date, just text, or text and a date.

What I am trying to do is apply a conditional format (red background/white text) if the text box contains a just a "future date" or "text & a future date".

I have been trying to find an answer for about an hour know without any luck.

Thanks for your help,

out on a limb
    Provided Answers: 59
    conditonal formatting is a good technique, however personally i find them a pig to maintain. once your users get usede to the idea of fortmattign, you very quickly blow ther limits of conditional formatting. if they decide to chaneg colours you have got a major maintenance task, and they are a pig to debug.

instead I'd suggest you consider placing a call to a function which sets the values in the form or reports events

assuming you are using a form you need to call your function in the forms on_current & before insert events, the controls on change (and possibly lost focus) events.

The reasons sometimes you need more than 3 conditions
    sometimes you need to set a whole block (so you can perform the test once and set a whole series of controls). Mind you you can also put some coe in that performs condtional processing, not just formatting.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton