Unanswered: [Resolved] SQL Server does not exist or access denied

It's me again/still.

I am starting a new thread that is related to my ODBC Insert error on a linked table failed problem, but this is much more basic.

I am trying to get my code set up to call an sp, and here's my connection string:
    cnn.Open "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=LocalServer;" & _
    "Database=Inquiry;UID=me;PWD=mypassword"

I get: SQL Server does not exist or access denied. I checked that there is a System DSN called LocalServer in the ODBC administrator. me and mypassword are what I use to logon to Windows when I start my machine. Does anyone know what this might be?

Thanks!
    Last edited by M Mock; 11-15-06 at 17:16.

I'm using ODBC in the connection string instead of SQLOLEDB.

If open (Configure) your System DSN (i.e Control Panel, Administrative Services, Data Sources (ODBC)), when you "Test Data Source" (final step) do you have any problems or does it say "Tests Completed Successfully"?
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

It says Test Completed Successfully.

Again, I think I'm okay on this one. I'm using ODBC and don't get this particular error anymore. But now I'm getting a timeout...or rather the customers are. I'll probably be posting that one in a day or two...

How do I mark this resolved? It's in my first message, but not doesn't appear in the "table of contents" and I can't remember the correct way to do it.

Thanks.