Unhappy Unanswered: Installation Problem

I tried to install SQL Server 2000 but after a while it stalled. The PC seemed to be "hanged".

Then I closed the Setup program manually.
    The installation have actually gone half-way and there was a registration of it in the Control panel's Programs List, but there was no program shortcut being created for it.

Then I tried to click the remove/change button (for SQL Server 2000) on the programs list, an error message appeared saying "the uninstall.isu file is invalid or has been corrupted".

What should I do to uninstall it ?

Thanks in advance.

Insert the installation disk, the system will identify previous installation & will ask you to reinstall or remove.

OR

Try to reinstall it, once it's install successfully you can use it or easily uninstall / remove it from add-remove program...
    Last edited by rajeshpatel; 11-17-06 at 01:11.
    Rajesh Patel

Everybody says - mistake is the first step of success, but it's not true. The correction of the mistake is the first step of success.

But I haven't got the installation disk. Mine is an Evaluation version only.

Quote Originally Posted by Lepanto
    But I haven't got the installation disk. Mine is an Evaluation version only.
    OK, try to install from that source but make sure that installation source is not corrupted. If you find the source is corrupted (If it gives error in between the installation) then download it once again & install it.

Note : Make sure your computer is compatible with the standard requirement for SQL Server Evaluation Version.
    Rajesh Patel

Everybody says - mistake is the first step of success, but it's not true. The correction of the mistake is the first step of success.

No, no.
    The problem is that I couldn't uninstall it. The error message is "...uninstall.isu file is corrupted..."

Yes, it worked (when I picked Modify Existing Installation). Thank you very much.