Question Unanswered: executing stored procedure

Hi All,
    Im in the process of writing a java code to execute sp_sysmon .But i use callable statement to execute this stored procedure it says the query doent return resultset.How can i access result of this stored procedure.

also is there is any table or stored procedure in sybase to get performance details like in MSSQL we have sysperfinfo table and in oracle we have V$table.

Thanx n advance
    Arun

If you are on ASE 12.5.0.3 or later you should use the MDA tables (see http://www.sypron.nl/mda.html for more information)

Michael

error

Thanks Micheal,

I followed the steps provided in the page you referred if i execute the below query

select * from monCachePool

i got the following error

[Error] Script lines: 1-1 --------------------------
    Stored procedure '"$monCachePool"' not found. Specify owner.objectname or use sp_help to check whether the object exists (sp_help may produce lots of output).
    Msg: 2812, Level: 16, State: 5
    Server: loopback, Line: 1 

any help is appreciated.

Thanx n advance
    Arun

Did you run the "installmontables" script as documented on Rob's site?

Michael

error

Thanks micheal for your continuous support
    i run the script while enabling the performance and tuning option to 1 the error said to buy a license ....is there any other way to install montables.

Thanks,
    Arun

You shouldn't have to set any perf&tuning option. If you follow the steps on http://www.sypron.nl/mda.html you should be able to get the MDA tables up and running very easily (assuming that you are using ASE 12.5.0.3 or later, of course!)

Michael

doubt

Dear Micheal,
    Thank you very much for your support.Actually im new to this field so i may ask some funny questions so kindly bear with me.

I have installed the MDA tables following the steps provided in sybase online help now i want to find the memory utilization,buffer statistics of the ASE and mine was above 12.5.1 .can you help me in this regard in which mon table i will find these statistics.

Thanx n advance
    Arun