Question Unanswered: Subform not displayed in design view

I have a subform for making area calculations of lawns for estimates on a form with a name and auto generated ID. I am able to put new information in, but I am unable to view the information in the subform once the form has been closed and reopened. Also, the subform is not displayed in design view. I have been successful in the same operation with another form/subform, but can't figure out what I am doing differently with this one. Any advice from you veterans out there?

check the properties of the subform under data tab, control source

it should be your table for the main form

you should be able to open just the subform in design view from the db window to open the properties dialogue box

Yes, I can open the subform from the database window, and the control source properties are set to the appropriate table. But I should be able to see the design of the subform in the design view of the main form as well; however, all that shows is a blank white space the size of the subform with the title of the subform in the upper left corner. I believe that this is related to my inability to view/edit information in the subform when it is reopened after closing.

How about this...the post author figured out his own problem. If anyone else runs into the same problem, check your form properties and make sure the data entry property is set to no.

i believe you need to make sure your child and master links for subform are connected via main ID. Try that i think that just might be the solution to your problem.

since i've got nothing better to do for a few moments, i offer the following objectionable comment

when you view the mother form in design view, you SHOULD see only the bounding box of the subform control and you should NOT see any particular .SourceObject subform candidate - anything else is bu11$#1t coming from mother Gates 'user friendly' messing around that only confuses the distinction between the subform control and the (highly replaceable) object it contains.

izy
    Last edited by izyrider; 11-17-06 at 14:55. Reason: typo
    currently using SS 2008R2