Unanswered: Help with a MySQL Application

Hi, I am fairly new to MySQL but I have an idea of how to manipulate my way through it. The idea is much like that of Fantasy Football, Baseball, etc... Except for an organization called FIRST Robotics. Each year over 2000 Robotics Team around the world recieve the game from FIRST via a webcast and every team has 6 weeks to build a robot to play the designated game. Now, what i am thinking is to have a fantasy game where teams can pick their top 10 team for each regional (their are 63 or so regionals + Nationals) and recieve points for different things. Now, how hard would this be to implement? Also, if you would be interested in helping me to develop this system PM me.

Thanks,
    JoeSchmoe
    Last edited by r937; 11-17-06 at 03:57.

**{BUMP}**

BUMB BuMP......

Provided Answers: 59
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSchmoe
    Hi, I am fairly new to MySQL but I have an idea of how to manipulate my way through it. The idea is much like that of Fantasy Football, Baseball, etc... Except for an organization called FIRST Robotics. Each year over 2000 Robotics Team around the world recieve the game from FIRST via a webcast and every team has 6 weeks to build a robot to play the designated game. Now, what i am thinking is to have a fantasy game where teams can pick their top 10 team for each regional (their are 63 or so regionals + Nationals) and recieve points for different things. Now, how hard would this be to implement? Also, if you would be interested in helping me to develop this system PM me.

Thanks,
    JoeSchmoe

not too difficult (as a database schema/design), depending on how well thought out and developed your ideas were. it wold also seriously affect the project if you keep changing details. Depending on your skills & experince then designing & testing the applciation would take longer... presumably you would want to go down the web based route.

...and No i wouldnt be interested in helping you design this application, Im guessign the lack of response indicates there aren't many other willing volunteers. I dont mind helping or trying to provide pointers to help people get along, but I have enough work of my own keep me tied to a keyboard thanks...

when is the coursework deadline?
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

their is really no "deadline" but i would like to get it all running by like February (as that is when regionals start)... Also, quick thought... How would i have to enter scores and such?