Red face Unanswered: Print Order in Report

I have an ingredient table used as part of a database that records chemical processes. I have a form that's used to enter information about the process, including the ingredients. Ingredients are entered in a subform set to continuous form mode and are entered in a specific order. I have a query that extracts information from all the related tables about any single process. This query extracts all the ingredients entered for the process and does this in the same order that the ingredients were entered. I then have a report based on the query that prints all the information about the process including the ingredients.

The problem is that the report prints the list of ingredients in the reverse order in which they were entered and in which they are extracted by the query. Can anyone tell me how to reverse the order of ingredients in the report so that it matches the order in the ingredient table and the report's underlying query?

Provided Answers: 59
    check the sort order as specified in the report or sub report

the only way to guarantee a sort order is to actively specify it, otherwise you just don't know (any) SQL optimiser will present the data.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Sort order?

What sort order are you talking about? There is not sort going on. The order is specified by the order of the records in the ingredient table and the report's underlying query.

ahhhh!
    The order is specified by the order of the records in the ingredient table
    no it's not!

reports ignore any wannabe order in queries, tables, or magic crystal balls.
    investigate sorting/grouping in the report itself (right-click in design view)

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

Smile Done

Thank you all for your help. I figured out how to fix my problem.