Unanswered: interface question: form template

what is the best way to make the format of several forms identical, i.e. all text boxes , fonts, etc. and also the size of the form?

My form contains tabs, each linking a subforms with related info to the field on the form. Each subform appears to be of different formats/layouts because they were created separately. How do I make all subforms of the same size and allignment, like when you open a tag the info should appear in consistent/uniform way. Can I create a template or a piece of code that will overwrite existing settings without going through each form and manually alligning all the fields? Data is irrelevant.

out on a limb
    Provided Answers: 59
    Ideally Id suggest doing it as part of the form design

However you may be able to set the form sizes from the parent form. then call a function in each sub form that sets each controls attributes.

On second thought do it through design, accept the pain of revisiting every form and control but do it now, and stick to the design throughout the whole application, and ideally throigh every application you or your colleagues do for the same institution. Just because Access allows you to tinker with all manner of presentation elements doesn't mean you have to.

Trust me Sir Edmund Hilarys justification for climbing Mt Everest 'Because it was there' isnt valid in the real world of systems design
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Richmond, Virginia USA
    Provided Answers: 19
    For future reference, you can save a form's design (colors, fonts, etc) as a custom style and then use it for subsequent forms. Won't help you here, I don't think, but keep it in mind for future use.
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Missinglinq, how do I save a form in a custom design and is there a way to apply that style to all forms ?