ER modelling for the database of a kennel

Hello!

I'm currently trying to construct an ER diagram for a kennel and my specifications are the following:

- the kennel receives abandoned animals(only dogs) that can be adopted and animals that are brought by people who have nowhere to leave their pets when they are out for some reason
    - the maximum capacity of the kennel is 30 dogs
    - there are employees responsible for collecting the abandoned animals on the streets, veterinarians specialized in dogs,an employee that registers the abandoned dogs,the adopted dogs and the ones that are delivered by is owners to the institution(receptionist). Last but not least there are other emplyees that take care of the pets and their basic needs(give them bath,play with them,taking them for a walk,etc.)
    - the kennel has 4 divisions: one for medical care for the dogs(where consultation and treatment takes place), and other 3 for each size of the animals (little size,medium size,big size).
    - all animals that are delivered to the institution automatically have the right to medical attention
    - the owners leave their pets on the institution giving away their personal information(name,adress,etc.)
    - the information about the dogs(name,breed,size,weight,age,etc.) is also supplied
    - after the "check in" the dog is watched by the instituion's veterinarian, who observes him, by means of a vacination bulletin
    - the date when the owner will get his animal is registered.When the owner returns to the kennel to bring home his pet he will then pay for the stay in the kennel.
    - the collection of the abandoned dogs takes place at Wednesdays and Sundays at 10 o'clock and those animals are later registered by an employee and sent to the vets for observation.
    - regarding the adopted dogs, is made and adoption registration, registrating the name of the family,address,contact.,etc.

I need some help on the ER diagram of this...Any help is reallt appreciated!

nice homework assignment

your professor has put a couple of tricky things in there

what have you done so far?
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

Well,actually this isn't an homework assignment.It's more of a work in group(with another member) we have to do and it's part of the final grade.The work consists on choosing a theme and developing a database from that.And the theme I've choosen was a database about a kennel.
    The work is done by checkpoints and in the first checkpoint we were asked to do an initial specification of the theme.Based on the inicial specification we are asked to do the ER diagram on the 2nd checkpoint.
    What I have posted is resumedly my initial specification of the work.
    What tricky things were you speaking about?
    What I have now until now is the animals entity which consists of the animal name,code,breed,size,weight,date of birth,age,color,date of arriving in the kennel;the pets' owners entity with their names,owners' code address,city,contact,phone number;the adopted animals entity with the family name,family code,animal code,animal name;

WHat do you suggest me to add more to my ER diagram?I'k kind of lost in here!Thanks for the reply!

So it is a homework assignment, and you failed to state that up front.

Post the ER Diagram you have so far, and MAYBE somebody will give you some pointers.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

Actually it is not homework assignment.I'm in college and it's a project for database class.
    It's a project done by checkpoints and what I've posted is my initial specification of that project.

Um...
    Project for College == Homework Assignment.

Anyway - as blindman says post what you have got so far (ERD-wise that is).
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Quote Originally Posted by esmeco
    Actually it is not homework assignment.I'm in college and it's a project for database class.
    My apologies. Its a dormwork assignment.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com